Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let it be known....

I have now joined the ranking of the "do it yourself-ers"! Although I have done many home projects over the past 6 years of owning our home this is the first that I have recorded. My mother is a big inspiration in alot of my projects she is always changing what things are used for! Although most of my projects have been for my home I also love changing up clothes.. I add some fluff, a ruffle, another hemline or some other girl flair just to make it more unique! I think of my projects as a therapautic outlet, my form of art. And with my sister-in-law always sending me DIY blogs I figure why not share the inspiration! I usually get inspired after going to the store anthropologie, I swear I go in there more to look at the walls than clothes! But I saw some old wall paper torn off the walls... and well if you know me I am a sucker from grandma-like prints! So I decided to add some floral paper to my little project. My homely magazine rack. It makes it feel as if there is more of a story to this piece. Enjoy.
ps I hate the term DIY, but that's what the world says so I am going with it!

Although this magazine rack wasn't completely horendous it just didn't go with the rest of my house!
 (pss ignore my floors I HATE THEM!)


With the help of some white paint, sand paper, and some scrap booking paper she sure has a new life to live!
I did tea stain the paper (just to make it a little more fragile). After it dried I lathered on some hodgepodge and stuck random pieces on. I used my fingers like sand paper to softly wear it into the wood. I am so lucky that my husband doesn't mind my whirlwind ideas:)  Whalla! It is my lovely resting spot for my favorite fashion magazines.

Also the perfect new home for some Ball canning jars, old books, and my grandma's hand stitched cross.
Be sure to check outmy sister-in-law's blogto see her cute DIY stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it!! I know I already told you that, but I really love it and how it has more character now and totally fits your style! And seriously how sweet are you linking my blog!! You're amazing! Can't wait to get our crafty-ness on this weekend!! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete