That is right I will not be posing for PETA anytime in my near future {well ever really}. I am now the proud owner of a fur coat {shriek of excitement}. Of course if you know me at all you know how much I adore over-sized clothing and all that it entails. So yep add this one onto my many facets of styles that I chose.It actually was sometime last year that I joked with my mom about stealing one her many fur coats. You see in my parents house my dad loved to be able to buy my mom fur coats. In fact, he thought it was a privilege... mostly because to him it was a symbol of status. I do not mean in a boastful snooty way, but in the most humble way you could imagine. He loved to be able to give her something that her mother was never able to have. So, well, yes, I was to have one eventually! Then a quick stint to a thrift store with my sister-in-law a few weeks back really sparked the thought (mind you it was very brief) I tried one on laughed at the thought of actually getting it and then walked away. After texting with a friend earlier today I found out she bought a vintage fur. She sent me pictures and she looked smokin! {Trust me I would love to share her photo with you but I do not have her permission for the rcord she looks hotter than any of these inspiration photos). That was it I could not stop thinking about the thrift store coat that I passed by briefly. So naturally I called my mom, the fur expert, and off we went to the thrift shop. Yep, it just so happened to be 50% off day that was all I needed to get the ok from Andy. God blesses us in the funniest ways!! Within seconds my mom was able to identify what type of fur it was, and she was set~ I was to buy it. I hmmmm'd and haaaaa'd but she said nope you have to get it! Now I feel like the inner socialite that I have been muzzling has finally scratched the surface. Here were my inspiration looks. Do not doubt for one second that the first time I go public with it I will have my thigh high boots on.
london evening standard -kate moss
she knows entertainment -Rachel Zoe
Top Shop feaux fur on sienna miller
Mary Kate Olsen in Marie Claire via huffington post
my opera-Kate Bosworth





Seriously, you are slay me! I love that you actually went back to get it! Thank God your Momma's such a pro and was able to tell you it was a steal of a deal! :) I love you and I know you will rock this baby like none other!
ReplyDeleteOkay I am jealous of you and my sister and your vintage furs....losers, i want one!
ReplyDelete